Apple Pay now available for SCU credit and debit cards.
It’s here! Apple Pay® is now available for all Scott Credit Union credit cards and debit cards. This easy-to-use feature offers a fast and convenient way to use your cards.
What is Apple Pay, and how does it benefit me?
With just the touch of a finger, you can make quick, simple payments using your iPhone®, iPad®, or Apple Watch®. There’s no need to reach for your wallet to pull out your card.
It’s also a more secure way to pay. Only you can make payments from your Apple® device, using either the fingerprint scanner or your private passcode. When you add a card, a Device Account Number is created and stored on your device, and this is the number used when you make a purchase. Your actual credit or debit card number is never stored on your device.
If your device is ever lost or stolen, you can use the Find iPhone app or iCloud.com to stop its ability to make payments.
What do I need to use Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is available in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Singapore, and the United Kingdom. You’ll need your Scott Credit Union credit or debit card, an Apple ID, and one of the following Apple devices:
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and later
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, and later
- Apple Watch paired with an iPhone 5 or later
- The latest version of iOS or watchOS
You can use your iPhone or Apple Watch to pay at the checkout counter in stores. Some merchants’ mobile apps will also allow Apple Pay purchases with your iPhone or iPad.
How do I set up my card through Apple Pay?
To add your card:
- Open the “Wallet” application.
- Tap “Add Credit or Debit Card.” (You may be asked for your Apple ID password.)
- Follow the onscreen prompts to enter your card details. You can either enter the details manually or by using the app to take a photo of the card.
- Continue following the onscreen prompts to verify your card through your bank or credit card issuer.
How do I use it at stores?
When checking out at a business, look for the Apple Pay symbol on the card reader to see if they accept Apple Pay. If they do:
- Hold your iPhone within an inch of the card reader.
- Without pressing the button down, lightly touch the home button so that the phone can read your fingerprint. (If you do not have the fingerprint reader enabled, you may be asked for a passcode instead.)
- Wait until you see “Done” and a checkmark on the display. Now your transaction is complete!
Where can I use Apple Pay?
Here are just a few of the local stores and restaurants that accept Apple Pay:
- Babies R Us
- Best Buy
- Firehouse Subs
- Office Depot
- Office Max
- Panera Bread
- Shop’n Save
- Toys R Us
- White Castle
I have an Android or Samsung phone. Will Android Pay or Samsung Pay be available for my Scott Credit Union cards?
We are currently evaluating the possibility of adding Android Pay and Samsung Pay functionality in the future. As of now, we do not have an expected launch date.