Stimulus payments expected to arrive soon
This week, President Donald Trump signed the coronavirus relief package into law, which includes $600 stimulus checks for eligible tax filers. Much like the stimulus payment from earlier this year, the payments are based on 2019 tax return information and will be delivered using the same method. The U.S. Treasury Department has stated that the roll-out for direct deposits has begun, and payments will arrive in accounts this week or next. Paper checks began mailing out on Wednesday, Dec. 30 and are expected to arrive in mailboxes within 1-2 weeks.
Questions about your stimulus payment? Visit the IRS website to:
- See if your payment has been sent (tool available later this week)
- Confirm your payment method (direct deposit or mail)
- Get answers to frequently asked questions about the checks
To see if a payment has been deposited in your account, here are several easy ways to view your balance and transactions:
- Mobile App
- MemberLink automated telephone banking – Dial 618-346-LINK (618-346-5465) or 1-800-MEM-LINK (1-800-636-5465)
- Scott Credit Union ATMs & ITMs
Please note that if you are calling our member contact center or visiting your local branch drive-up, you may experience longer-than-usual wait times due to members’ questions about this much-anticipated stimulus payment.
Thank you for your patience, and thank you for being a member of Scott Credit Union!