Indoor Environmental Quality
Building green means considering not only the environmental impact of materials and constructions, but also the physical and psychological health of the occupants. The positive impact of the indoor environment enhancements can include lower turnover rate, fewer sick days and higher productivity. Enhancements include:
- Indoor Air Quality: The building’s heating and cooling systems were designed to meet the requirements for ventilations to provide fresh air.
- No Smoking: Scott Credit Union’s Home Office is a smoke-free property – building and site.
- Materials: In this building, low-emitting adhesives, sealants, paints, furniture and furnishings were used.
- Daylight and Views: Ninety-percent of the interior space has direct view to the outdoors. The interior color combination was selected to reflect the outdoors – grey with accents of aqua and green.
- Space Efficiency: Efficient use of space is designed for future growth and reconfiguration with demountable wall partitions.