Welcome Tempo Bank customers!
We are excited to welcome you into the Scott Credit Union family! As we transition you to your new products and services, we will be with you every step of the way and have put together the following about key dates and transition information.
Wednesday, June 1st
- Local Tempo Bank customers (Trenton, New Baden, Lebanon, Summerfield, Breese, Beckemeyer, Aviston, Albers, Carlyle, Highland, Germantown, Bartelso) will be able to pick up their new ATM/debit cards at the Trenton location. Any customer not residing in one of the areas listed above will have their card automatically mailed to them.
- If you would like you card mailed to you, or have questions, contact [email protected] or call (618) 224-9228.
- ALL PIN numbers will be mailed.
Friday, June 17th
- Access to Tempo Bank’s online banking and mobile banking – including mobile deposits – ends at 3:00pm CST.
- Online bill pay users will be deactivated between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm CST. All payments scheduled after June 17, 2022, will be cancelled.
- Last day for scheduled online banking external automatic transfers, scheduled internal transfers, and external funds transfers – ends at 3:00pm CST.
Saturday, June 18th
- Trenton and Breese branches will be closed for conversion.
Sunday, June 19th
- Register for and begin using Scott Credit Union’s online banking and bill pay by visiting scu.org/online-services.
- Download the Scott Credit Union mobile app (iOS / Android).
- Activate and begin using your new Scott Credit Union ATM/debit card.
- Update any automatic payments and direct deposits with Scott Credit Union’s routing number 281077522.
- If you have set up recurring payments using your ATM/debit card, you will need to provide the merchant with your new Scott Credit Union ATM/debit card number.
Monday, June 20th
- Last day to use your current Tempo Bank ATM/debit card.
- All branches will be closed in observance of Juneteenth.
Tuesday, June 21st
- Your Tempo Bank ATM/debit card will no longer work.
- Trenton and Breese branches will reopen.
Scott Credit Union was founded in 1943 by a group of visionaries from Scott Field (known today as Scott Air Force Base) who decided to create a local credit union where the average person could save and borrow money. After nearly 80 years, we may look quite different on the surface, but our commitment to our members remains the same. Today, Scott Credit Union has grown to approximately $1.6 billion in assets and proudly serves approximately 150,000 members. Membership in our not-for-profit credit union is open to anyone living or working within the communities we serve – including 29 counties in Southern Illinois and the St. Louis Metro area, plus select areas of Chicago.
Credit unions are limited to a field of membership, which is a common bond amongst its members. The field of membership of a credit union is a part of its official charter and is the legal definition of who is eligible to join the credit union. For example, at Scott Credit Union, anyone who lives or works in the areas we serve can be members. See Membership Eligibility Requirements
Credit union members enjoy special advantages that traditional banks do not offer. We are a not-for-profit organization governed by members, for members. Any revenue generated after expenses and reserves are met is given back to the members in the form of better rates and more services. That is why having your accounts with Scott Credit Union can save you some money. Learn more.
Each member is required to have a $5 share/deposit account to access the many services and benefits SCU offers. Tempo Bank customers will become a member of SCU at conversion, and SCU will apply the minimum $5 to your share/savings account to ensure a smooth transition.
No. Membership is open to anyone living or working in one of the 29 counties in Southern Illinois and the St. Louis Metro area, plus select areas of Chicago. In addition, active or retired military of Scott AFB, including reserve components and civilian employees or retired civilian employees, are eligible to join.
You can find more details on eligibility on our membership page.
Monday, June 20th, is the last day to use your current Tempo Bank ATM/debit card.
Starting June 1st, local customers make pick up an instant issue debit card from the Trenton Tempo branch (local is defined as residents of Trenton, New Baden, Lebanon, Summerfield, Breese, Beckemeyer, Aviston, Albers, Carlyle, Highland, Germantown, Bartelso). If you are unable to pick up your Scott Credit Union ATM/debit card, or you do not live in one of the towns listed above, your card will be mailed to you prior to conversion. Please contact [email protected] or call (618) 224-9228, if you have questions.
Any cards not picked up by Friday, June 17th will be mailed.
Please note, to protect the security of your account, your card’s PIN (Personal Identification Number) will be mailed to you. The PIN will arrive in a secure envelope with perforated sides. The mailing will contain instructions for changing your PIN to your preferred 4-digit number, if desired. ALL PINs will be mailed.
Tempo customers will need to update any recurring payments on your Tempo ATM/debit card as soon as possible after conversion starting Sunday, June 19th. Do not update your information prior to the 19th.
Post-conversion, instant issue debit cards will be available in all branch lobbies. This means new and replacement ATM/debit cards can be issued during a branch visit instead of waiting for a card to arrive in the mail!
For further assistance with your Debit Card, please use the following phone numbers:
- Debit Card Activation: (800) 543-5073/(727) 227-9600
- Debit Card PIN Change: (866) 297-3411
- Debit Card Lost/Stolen: (800) 543-5073
Scott Credit Union offers an Extreme Visa® Credit Card so you can make the purchases you need without the added expense of a high interest rate or an annual fee. Check out our credit card page to learn more.
You will continue to have free access to Tempo ATMs. After conversion, you will also have free access to all Scott Credit Union ATMs, plus you can earn ATM rebates up to $10 per month with most Scott Credit Union checking accounts, including Extreme Checking.
- Online Banking becomes unavailable Friday, June 17th at 3:00 pm CST
- Online Banking Transfers become unavailable Friday, June 17th at 3:00 pm CST
- Bill Pay becomes unavailable Friday, June 17th between 8 am and 5 pm
- Any Bill Payments scheduled after Friday, June 17th will be cancelled
- Mobile Banking becomes unavailable Friday, June 17th at 3:00 pm CST
- Last day to make a Mobile Deposit remotely is on Friday, June 10th
- Starting Sunday, June 19th, online banking users will need to register for a free account on SCU's Online platform.
- Note – once you register for an SCU Online account, you can use the same credentials for Scott Credit Union’s mobile banking app, SCU Mobile, for one convenient banking experience!
SCU provides free* access to your account anytime, anywhere, 24/7 on your computer or mobile device. View balances, see transaction history, deposit a check with Mobile Deposit, pay bills, or make a transfer. *Your mobile service provider may charge internet access fees. Web access is needed for SCU Mobile. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges for mobile internet access.
Learn more about SCU Online.
All current Tempo Bank loan number, loan rate and terms will stay the same. Coupon books will be acceptable for the life of their existing loan.
There are several ways to make a loan payment at Scott Credit Union:
- Use SCU Online or SCU Mobile to transfer money from your Scott Credit Union checking or savings account to your Scott Credit Union loan.
- Make an online payment from your account at another financial institution.
- Stop by your local branch or any CO-OP Shared Branches.
Visit our loan payment page to learn more
Account Number: Tempo Bank customers will be issued a new 13-digit MICR number to use for all ACH and direct deposit activity. A MICR number is the account number listed on the bottom of your checks and is used for setting up direct deposits and automatic withdrawals from your accounts.
Member Number: Tempo Bank customers will be issued a 7-digit number (which is part of your account numbers). This number is used to identify your account for online registration and for in-person transactions.
We will provide you your Account and Member Number as we get closer to our system conversion date.
Tempo’s routing number will still be valid for the time being, however, at conversion you will need to update direct deposits and automatic payments with Scott Credit Union’s routing number and your new account number after conversion.
Scott Credit Union’s Routing Number: 281077522
Automated payments and transfers set up through online banking and mobile banking will need to be re-established in SCU Online and SCU Mobile on or after Sunday, June 19th.
Important Note: DO NOT change the routing number prior to Sunday, June 19th. Scott Credit Union will accept your direct deposit with the former Tempo routing number for a limited amount of time.
If you have set up recurring payments using your debit card, you will need to provide the merchant with your new Scott Credit Union ATM/debit card number beginning Sunday, June 19th.
Scott Credit Union's routing number 281077522.
After conversion, call, come in or email us at [email protected] to order new checks for your SCU account. The first box of checks is complimentary! Your previous checks will work for approximately 90 days after conversion.
Once you have your Member Number, you may use SCU's automated 24-hour account access called MemberLink. To reach MemberLink call (800) MEM-LINK (800) 636-5465). Please be sure to contact us at (800) 888-4728, Option 5, before using MemberLink for the first time.
To use MemberLink, you will need each of your Member Number.
Your total deposits will be federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) to at least $250,000.
Enjoy extended member service hours by reaching out to our Member Contact Center by live chat at SCU.org, email or phone (800) 888-4728. Our team is available to help with your member service needs Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm CST and Saturday from 9am to 1pm CST.
The local Breese and Trenton branches will be closed Saturday, June 18th for conversion but will otherwise remain open. As of now, office hours have not changed. Plus, you will have access to the current 23 SCU branches and thousands of participating CO-OP Shared Branch locations.
For a complete listing of Scott Credit Union branches and hours, and to search participating CO-OP Shared Branch locations, please visit our website at scu.org/locations.
Please note, all branches will be closed on Monday, June 20th in observance of Juneteenth.
- Vehicle Loans - Whether you are buying your first car or your tenth, we offer competitive loan rates, flexible terms up to 84 months, fast approvals, and 100% financing for qualified buyers. LEARN MORE
- Mortgages - Our experienced team takes the stress out of buying a home or refinancing your existing loan! We offer fixed-rate loans, VA, FHA, and 100% financing options. LEARN MORE
- Home Equity Lines of Credit - Use the equity in your home for home improvements, vacations, education expenses, and debt consolidation, just to name a few! With low monthly payments, borrow up to 90% of your home's equity. Enjoy no closing costs for most lines of credit*, no annual fee, and no prepayment penalties. LEARN MORE
*No credit union closing costs incurred for lines of credit on Second Lien Home Equity Line of Credit less than $100,000 when automated value model is used for underwriting: loans using alternate valuation sources could incur closing costs up to $600 depending on property location, type, and loan amount. All loans subject approval; membership eligibility required - new members required to open a savings account with a $5 deposit. Rates, terms and conditions subject to change.
The success of your business is important to us, and we offer valuable banking solutions that can help. From a variety of checking accounts to credit cards and loans, we're here to meet your growing needs.
Learn more about our commercial and business services.
As financial experts, we know it’s our job to provide tools for community members of all ages to succeed in their personal finances. From teaching youth how to manage their first savings account to offering educational seminars on saving for retirement, we offer guidance for all walks of life.
We’re proud to partner with hundreds of community organizations like these, and we’re looking forward to extending our rich tradition of community support.
• American Cancer Society
• Fisher House
• Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois
• Illinois Center for Autism
• Inspire Up Foundation
• Rebuilding Together St. Louis
• Scott Air Force Base
• St. Louis Blues
• St. Louis Cardinals
• United Way of Greater St. Louis
• World Wide Technology Raceway
• Gateway Region YMCA
The Scott Credit Union Community Foundation was established in early 2018 to strengthen and expand upon Scott Credit Union’s commitment to our communities. Scott Credit Union has always been heavily invested and involved in the neighborhoods in which we work and play. The SCU Community Foundation was created to increase our reach and give back to the communities we serve through a charitable foundation.
Through SCU’s Blues Checking and EPIC Checking accounts, members can support the SCU Community Foundation by simply using their debit card like they normally would. With every debit card purchase, SCU will support the community through a donation to the SCU Community Foundation. We’re excited about to provide our members with the opportunity to support our communities. For more about Blues Checking and EPIC Checking, click here.
We give. We volunteer. We educate. We build relationships.
Since 2008, Scott Credit Union has contributed $3.7 million, and our employees have volunteered more than 24,000 hours to support community events and causes and provide free financial literacy workshops. From creating an educational grant program and teaching budgeting basics in schools, to partnering with military servicemembers and their families and offering support to first responders, Scott Credit Union is committed to giving back to the communities we serve.