Virtual Seminar Series
Financial education is an important aspect of any long-term plan. Join us for a number of complimentary, no-cost, no-obligation seminars. We’ll discuss a variety of topics to increase your financial awareness, all from the comfort of your home or office.
Check the background of investment professionals associated with this site on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.
- Rethinking Diversification: August 16, 2022 at 6 pm CST
- Social Security and Your Retirement: August 23, 2022 at 6 pm CST
- Understanding Medicare: August 30, 2022 at 5:30 pm CST
- The Return of Conservative Investing: September 08, 2022 at 6 pm CST
- Income for Life: September 15, 2022 at 6 pm CST
- The 3 Transitions to Retirement: September 26, 2022 at 6 pm CST
Learn more about each seminar below. Space is limited, so make your reservations today.
August 16, 2022 at 6:00 pm Central Time
In today’s volatile market, retirement savers face new challenges. Traditional portfolio diversification may no longer be the answer to growing your savings without the risk of losing it all. Luckily, there are new ways to manage investment risk.
You’ll find out more how retirement savers are facing new challenges, and the new ways to manage investment risk. You’ll learn the answers to your investment questions, including:
- What is traditional portfolio diversification?
- How has the investment landscape changes?
- How can you achieve your goals with the least amount of risk?
- How can new annuity options help you rethink diversification?
Social Security and your Retirement
August 23, 2022 at 6:00 pm Central Time
Regardless of when you plan to retire, Social Security will likely be an important part of the road ahead. But do you know the rules of the road when it comes to Social Security?
You’ll learn the answers to your Social Security and Retirement questions, including:
- What are the rules for starting your Social Security benefits?
- How do spouses coordinate their benefits?
- Are there different routes to take that could potentially increase your benefits?
- How do you decide where Social Security fits within your retirement plans?
August 30, 2022 at 5:30 pm Central Time
Planning for retirement is never easy, and maneuvering through Medicare rules and regulations is one more step in an already confusing process.
You’ll find out more about Medicare rules and regulations and discuss the role they play in the process of retirement. You’ll learn the answers to your Medicare questions, including:
- Medicare basics and the differences between Parts A, B, C and D
- Tips for choosing your coverage and enrolling in Medicare
- How to consider health care costs when planning your retirement income
The Return of Conservative Investing
September 08, 2022 at 6:00 pm Central Time
Market volatility. Low interest rates. Retirement risks. All of these headwinds are making it tougher than ever to know where to invest your retirement savings. In this seminar, you’ll learn how conservative investments like certificates of deposit (CDs) and annuities can help get your financial plan back on track.
You’ll find out more about where to invest your retirement savings and learn about conservative investments. You’ll learn the answers to your Conservative Investing questions, including:
- How can conservative investments help you face today’s economic risks?
- What are the differences between CDs and annuities?
- What are the different types of annuities?
- How do you decide which conservative investment is right for you?
Income For Life
September 15, 2022 at 6:00 pm Central Time
You have retirement goals and plans for your future. Without a regular paycheck to count on, achieving a steady stream of retirement income will be an important part of the road ahead. Will Social Security be enough? What about your 401(k)?
You’ll find out more about how to use annuities to help create a guaranteed income for life, including social security and your 401(k). You’ll learn the answers to your income for life questions, including:
- What sources of retirement income will you rely on?
- What retirement risks do you face now that you’re drawing on their savings?
- Which income strategies should you consider?
- How can you use annuities to guarantee income for life?
September 26, 2022 at 6:00 pm Central Time
Are you ready to retire? You might be prepared for the financial transition, but you’ll experience lifestyle and emotional transitions as well. We can help you understand these upcoming changes and provide the information you need to better prepare for this exciting season of your life. Working together, we’ll gain clarity and confidence about your path to retirement.
You’ll find out more about the transitions you will face during retirement and how you can better prepare for this new life. You’ll learn the answers to your Retirement questions, including:
- How to confidently address the financial, lifestyle and emotional transitions to retirement
- How to guard against risks and manage those that are inevitable
- Whether you are ready for retirement
Securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker/dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. Scott Credit Union (SCU) and SCU Retirement & Investment Services are not registered as a broker/dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using SCU Retirement & Investment Services, and may also be employees of SCU. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from and are not affiliates of SCU or SCU Retirement & Investment Services. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
*The LPL Financial registered representative(s) associated with this website may discuss and/or transact business only with residents of the states in which they are properly registered or licensed. No offers may be made or accepted from any resident of any other state.