Scott Credit Union was founded in May of 1943 by a group of visionaries from Scott Field who decided to create a local credit union where the average person could save and borrow money.
Our ties to Scott Air Force Base and members of the military remain strong. We continue to operate as the only credit union on base and serving our members in the military is still a focus for us today. We work hard to provide our military members, and all of our membership, with the financial services they need whether they are stationed nearby or are abroad and away from their family.
Once you are a member of Scott Credit Union, you can always be a member and take advantage of the value we offer through our large mix of services that can help you reach your financial goals now and in the future.
Accessing your accounts at Scott Credit Union is easy. We offer a full line of free online services, including Online Banking, Online Bill Pay, and Mobile Banking. You can even open an account or apply for a loan online.
We are confident that the information on our site and this page will provide our military members with the information they need to manage their finances. We are pleased to provide special information that we hope is helpful to those who serve us in the military.
Links & Information for Military Members
- Armed Forces Financial Guide – This guide maps the entire military financial life cycle, including the following topics: financial basics, military compensation, budgeting, banking basics, managing credit, buying a home, insurance, saving for college, retirement, deployment readiness, service related benefits, and additional resources for military service members.
- Blended Retirement System – On January 1, 2018, the new Blended Retirement System (signed into law in 2015) comes into full effect. This new system reflects DoD’s support for retirement savings by offering automatic and matching contributions to a tax-deferred account and will now extend these retirement benefits for all service members. This is an added benefit for junior service members and for those who separate before serving 20 years. Current military members must choose to permanently “opt-in” to the new system or automatically remain in the current system. This means there are some big personal decisions on the financial horizon.
- Situation Awareness Alert: Google Play App (CAC Scan) – CAC Scan is an Android application that scans the barcode on a CAC card and decodes that information. The information that the App is able to retrieve from the CAC card includes the ID type, social security number, EDIPI, first name, last name, middle initial, and rank.
- Military Saves – Military Saves is a social marketing campaign to persuade, motivate, and encourage military families to save money every month, and to convince leaders and organizations to be aggressive in promoting automatic savings.
- Student Loan Information – Servicemembers may face barriers when requesting and retaining protections afforded to them by the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA).
- AFFN Network – The AFFN Network gives Scott Credit Union members access to ATMs all around the globe. There are just under 200,000 ATMs & about 1.3 million Point of Sale participating locations.
- Military Community Involvement – Due to our deep-rooted history with Scott Air Force Base, we have a very large involvement in numerous community events on and around the base.
- Scott Patriot Program – We’re a proud member of the Scott Patriot Program! The program is aimed at ensuring that those local businesses and communities that are providing support to our friends at Scott Air Force Base and their families are recognized as military friendly, while also growing the level of support the base receives from other area businesses.
- Survey of all Military Servicemembers (active duty, reserves, guard) – The Institute for Veterans and Military Families in collaboration with Student Veterans of America are asking for all military servicemembers to participate in a survey about your service and post-service experiences, challenges, and recommendations as they relate to education and successful transition.
- Veterans Benefit Banking Program (VBBP) is a program created to help identify financial institutions who can provide veterans safe, reliable, and inexpensive ways to receive and manage their VA monetary benefits.